Sunday, May 26, 2013

Name of the Doctor... THE FUUH??

[WARNING!
FOR DOCTOR WHO SEASON 7, EPISODE 13]
...Ya? Ya.
Sooo.... I'm assuming that anyone reading to here has watched the season finale. I'm also assuming that you're just as astounded as I am.
I mean, what the hell. What WAS that?? I think I liked it, but it was weird. It ties up the whole Clara thing quite nicely, but there are some major plot points I don't feel were properly addressed. Like... Oh... I dunno, WHO THE HELL DOES JOHN HURT PLAY?? The doctor, obviously, but which one??
There are many theories, but I like the 9.5 on the best. ...Wait. 9? ...DAMN IT! See, I never watched Classic Who, so I had no idea that the Time War took place between 8 and 9. I assumed that it was before 1's time, and he had been carrying the baggage all this time! Good god, the Doctor is amazing at hiding his feelings! Anyhoo, what was I prattling on about? Oh yes, John Hurt.
So I'm pretty sure that John Hurt plays 9. I have some questions as to how they're going to approach this, though. There are 3 ways, as far as I can see-

  1. 1. They abandon 11 and jump backward, focusing on 9.5.
  2. They kill 11 and jump backward, focusing on 9.5.
  3. They focus on 11 and 9.5 at the same time, maybe switching every other episode, maybe through flash-backs.
  4. They keep on truckin' with 11, leaving us to wonder about 9.5 for the rest of 11's reign.
I'm guessing they'll go with #3.

My biggest headache with all this?
WE'VE. BEEN. GETTING. THENUMBERSWRONGALLTHISTIME.
This is a very big problem for me. If John Hurt really is the 9th Doctor, then 9 is actually 10, and 10 is actually 11, and 11 is actually 12, WHICH MEANS THAT THE DREADED 13 IS COMING UP NEXT. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, Time Lords are only allowed to regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 bodies. Sometimes they were granted extra lives, but it wasn't often. We have no idea how many regenerations the Doctor is allowed, so we're expecting his escape from the Rule of Thirteen to be pretty gnarly. And, if this whole "John Hurt As the Real 9th Doctor" hypothesis to be true, we have way less time then we had previously thought.
....Also, I have a borderline-CDO* thing about getting names right. IF I'VE HAD THE NUMBER OF DAVID TENNANT'S DOCTOR ALL WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME, I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'LL DO. ...Probably just map out a vacuuming plan for my room, but still.


...ALSO, DO WE GET MORE RIVER SONG??? 'Cause we need more River Song.








I mean, ^^DAMN.^^           




*OCD in alphabetical order

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.