Friday, November 1, 2013

Update

For some reason, I felt like giving people an update on the happenings in my life. No idea if anyone gives a shit about these posts, but I'm gonna do it anyway because I'm a sadistic bastard.
So, here goes.

I got a dog. He is an obese beagle named Taser. He's about nine and a little bit of a handfull, but he's mostly chill.

One of my friends is in New Mexico, but I think she's visiting soon. <waves/> I miss her.

One of my other friends (the one that I was angsting about) sent me an email yesterday to wish me a happy halloween, so I'm glad that she thinks of me. I think of her a lot.

I marathoned Welcome to Night Vale and listened to 31 episodes in two weeks, so now I'm caught up with the series. OH GOD WHY.

I've been watching a shit ton of Nostalgia Critic, so I keep coming into conversations about movies with "Ooo! I just saw a critique of that!" I've got to stop doing that.

Cooper is in college, studying furiously and getting good grades.

My maternal grandfather has terminal cancer. They just put him on morphine, so I'm not sure how next year is gonna be.

My step-mom is pregnant with another kid. This one is a girl. I hear sleepless nights in my future.

I'm still not depressed, but I'm not feeling upbeat either. Still, better to be moody and deadpan then terrified and sad!

My sister is going to get her blackbelt in Aikido. It's gonna be rad.

I've been drawing a bit and I've become much better. I should post some of my work some time soon.

The only thing that makes me happy right now without a huge negative crash afterward is podcasts*, math, and work. Sure, it's a neutral and sedated kind of happy, but it's way better then rainbows and laughing children swiftly followed  by sobbing and darkness. I have yet to learn why my moods keep doing this. In the meantime, I will take happiness in small diluted portions.

Desmond, my little brother, turned 1 last week. He is adorable and gaining a better grasp of language. ...Which means that I need to stop cussing. Shit.

My cat disappeared. She was badass, but I think that the opossum got her. I swear, I will murder that little fucker when I get my hands on him.



...That's all I've got for now. Until next time.

*Radiolab, Welcome to Night Vale, The Thrilling Adventure Hour, and How to Do Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.