Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Politics

A funny story! =D

We were getting ready to go to local pub for 'Really Cheap Wednesday.' (......yeeeah. That's my Dad. XD)
________, my Dad's friend was sitting on the couch, Dad was tying his boots across the room. I was playing with an apple, (ie. tossing it in the air and catching it. .......Yes, like a cat. D|| )

"You're going to wear your cloak to the pub?" ________ asked in a bemused voice.

I looked up in suprise. "Yup!" I said, as if it was perfectly obvious. ________ nodded slowly. "Hey," I said mildly "at least I'm not going to bring my wand!"

I turned to Dad's snort of amusement. "What? I do have one. I brought it in my backpack." I said with a self-satisfied smile.

Dad fiddled with his boot laces before looking up. ".....You don't really believe in that stuff, do you?"

I continued tossing the apple in to the air. "....Hmm. Maybe. Why not? I mean, people believe in politics... What the hell's up with that?"

I think that this was a good step for me in my relationship with my Dad. He may think that I've crossed into a whole new weird, (which I have) but he knows that I still have the same views on life. He thought that it was pure gold. =^^=

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.