Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Maladaptive Daydreaming takes on another level

I just found that I can continue dreams in my waking life!! You know when you have a REALLY cool dream, but you're woken up before you can finish it? Yep. Annoying. When this happens to me, I usually wake up and move on, but in this dream, I was protecting the innocent.
I have watched a couple episodes of an old show, and in it, the older brother is always a pig to the younger one. He hits him, ridicules him, gets him into trouble and doesn't get him back out.
So in the dream, he and his father were just sitting around. The kid (aged 15 ish) proclaimed that he had never been in a fight, whereupon I jumped up and pointed out his bruised face. I tried to explain to the father that he always beat up on his little brother, but he refused to listen. I was about to defend my statement when I woke up. I was really miffed. I wanted to expose that jerk's brotherly incompetance once and for all! So, as I had breakfast, I continued the dream. I just let it come. It was so cool. In the waking dream, I rose and told the father that if he let his son get into brawls around the neighborhood, I would be happy to be part of one. The kid acted edgy and said that he wouldn't hit a girl, so I taunted and insulted him until he got up and took a swing at me. I wasn't fast enough, so I took it, but he was slow and punched horribly, so it didn't really hurt. I deflected the next one, moved forward, grabbed his wrist and the back of his neck, and took him into a pin. I got his arm behind him and twisted a little until he flailed, then I let him go. "And that's why you don't mess with you're little brother!" I said, and walked away. The father looked down and asked his son if he learned an important lesson. From his position in the dust, the kid said "don't mess with girls."
I suppose he was right, but he should really think harder about his answer. And I'll be right there to help out.

Soooo, what came about in daydreaming about teaching some punk a lesson by taking him down? I now know that I can finish dreams even when I'm not asleep. I didn't have to direct anything, and it felt just like a real dream! I just sat back and enjoyed the show.

It's fun being a Maladaptive Daydreamer. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.