Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Commando Nuns

I walked out of the bathroom last Monday with something important weighing on my mind. I made my way through the tiny hall and stuck my head around the corner. Mom was sitting at the living room table, cutting out small paper circles for her kindergarten class on Tuesday.
“Hey! Hey Mom! If you had a cowl like Emperor Palpatine’s, would you go commando?”
There was a pause only interrupted by faint snipping noises.
“What’s a cowl?”
I thought for a moment. “It’s like a monk’s robe-thingy. Like Palpatine wears.”
“Um,” She said, pausing to think. “Yes.”
I was relieved. “Awesome! So would I. I’d be all like-” Here I swaggered around, giving off the “Haha, I have more room down here then you do!” air.
“In fact, I bet the nuns do that too.” She continued, stopping me in my mock-pompous tracks.
“WHAT.”
“Yeah! Wouldn't you?” She said, going back to her project.
I let out a strangled cry and dove for my computer. “INTERNET. NOW.”

...And so you have this.

PS!! If anyone reading this is a nun, my Mom wants to know if you really DO go commando. And if so, when? Even during your nun-fu classes? Every day except Sunday? Only Sunday? Weekdays? Week starts? Only the prime-numbered days?
We mean no offence. We just want to know. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.