Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rain, Rain, Stay All Day!

And the rain rain rain came down down down
And the rain rain rain came down.

Hey, people. It's raining out!! Isn't that amazing? And I don't mean a sprinkle here and there. It really rained. For at least 15 mins! It even slanted at one point.
When it started, I ran outside and down the street as fast as I could. Then I stopped and just stood, my hair streaming and my shoulders and pants cuffs soaked. Alena joined me and I ran around in circles, a stupid grin on my face.
I haven't been this happy in a very long time.
I waved my arms around and screamed, startling passing drivers.
"GOODBYE, DEPRESSION!" I yelled as loud as I wanted. "YOU TRIED TO TEAR ME DOWN WITH SUNLIGHT AND BIRDS, BUT BEHOLD!" I believe that I spun around at this point. "THE RAIN COMES, BRINGING COLD AND HAPPINESS! AHAHAHAHHAAAH!!!!"
On a related note, I think the neighbors think that I'm mad.
BUT WHO CARES??

I have no need of drinkin'.
Don't need a bottle or two.
I can sit all day not thinkin'
Of how much I miss you...
Because the rain is here to stay
And I wouldn't have it any other way...

Yes, the rain is here so I'm not drinkin' for you.
Yeah, the rain is here so I'm not drinkin' for you.

Some guys they like their whiskey
In bottles deep and clear
But that poison can be risky
And the rain is here.

Oh I don't need to drink again
I'll let the rain wash me away!
No I don't need to think again
I'll save it for another day.

And when the rain is gone and done
I'll go out, find another one.
Someone clean and someone true
No, I don't have to think about you

'Cause I don't need to drink again
I'll let the rain wash me away!
No I don't need to think again
I'll save it for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.