Friday, September 30, 2011

It's really coming......




I really can't believe it. The Hobbit. It's actually, really, truly, being filmed.... When I first heard about this, I tried to not get my hopes up. But now it's totally coming. I can't hide from it. I'm in a state of shock. I LOVE the Hobbit. I've read it MANY times. Also, this is a part of my Geek heritage that I'm missing. I wasn't able to celebrate properly when the LOTR film trilogy came out, partly because I wasn't allowed to see it, and partly because I was only 6. Now with the Hobbit, and can go FULL GEEK.

Despite my love and faith for Tolkien, Peter Jackson, and my Geekdom, I feel really nervous. What if the CG graphics are bad? What if they make drastic changes?? What if the movie is cast incorrectly??? WHAT IF SMOG IS HORRIBLY CHEESY???????
I will DIE if the Hobbit turns out to be bad. It will leave a permanent scar upon the souls of all us Geeks, Nerds, and Dorks.

I guess I just have to put my faith and the small amount of sanity I have left into Peter Jackson's hands and hope that it turns out alright. I'm trusting you Peter. We all are. You are a DEMIGOD in our eyes. Don't let us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.