Friday, December 23, 2011

Ouchy.

I cut my finger today. It stings. =(
I was whittling something for my Mom, and I learned that whittling knifes should always have locking mechanisms. Anyway, I asked for some help from Dad, and he helped me with it. For some reason, when I saw it, I instantly began to feel lightheaded. Then I felt really heavy and in a couple seconds, I had almost lost conciseness. Dad said that it was because I saw the blood, but it really wasn't that much, and I've seen, felt, and read about a whole lot worse. Yet there I was, holding my flesh together and trying to form thoughts as grey fog clung to me. I was fine pretty quickly, but then I had to sit there pressing a rubbing alcohol-soaked cotton ball to it for at least a half hour. (which felt more like 10 minuets, strangely enough) Feeling came back about halfway through, and got to feel stabbing pains. (yay!) I thought that I'd definitely have to superglue it, but Dad says that it'll heal properly. Now it's bandaged up, and I just feel dull pain. I'm supposed to keep it straight, but it's harder then it seems. Maybe I should make a splint.

You know, even though I'll have to fight off infection and hand-grabby people, I find it quite interesting seeing how my brain works under pain. I didn't panic. I just held it together, got my Dad, and headed into the bathroom. I even remembered to cling on to conciseness! =D Now I just need to work on the whole not fainting thing.....
It was actually pretty good timing! Nothing to do today, and Aikido opens back up on the 2nd next month, so it doesn't have to be opened back up by finger twisting.
Although now I need to come up with a gift for my Mom.....

Hang loose! And always work with sharp knifes with locking handles. =^.~

PS!! I just realized that I have succeeded in curbing my bad language! Not one obscenity was uttered throughout the whole escapade! Not even when feeling returned! HUZZAH!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.