Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Watched Doctor Who!!!

I did it. I finally did it. I got around to watching Doctor Who!!
Unfortunately, Netflix didn't have the classics, so (after much research) I started with Series 1, 2005, the 9th Doctor.
IT. IS. SO. CHEESY.
.....
I love it.
I absolutely love it.

The very first episode revolves around plastic store mannequins coming to life,and chasing and shooting people with pre-installed guns I'm sure they weren't designed to have while loafing in shop windows.
Oh yeah. I'm hooked.
The 9th Doctor himself is a sarcastic, cheeky, and intense magnificent bastard. Under all that, he's sad, lonely, and strangely relatable. I miss the whole scarf and British stereotypes thing the 4th Doctor had going, but Christopher Eccleston made up for all that with his superb acting. Although I'm not as impressed with Billie Piper's acting, I think her character (Rose) is nicely developed.
And the theme song isn't all that bad either. =}

So far, 2 episodes in, I give it:

4/5 for originality
3/5 for special effects and props (the special effects? Lame. The props? EPIC.)
3/5 for acting
4/5 for interesting characters
5/5 for cool aliens and overall cheesiness. OH! And sonic screwdrivers.

So far, it gets an average of 3.8 out of a possible 5.0.
Good job, show! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.