Friday, May 4, 2012

Rahel: A Direct Characterization

More schoolwork!! =D
Sloppy, but fun. =^^=


Write a short (one-paragraph) character description of your own. Use physical descriptions, thoughts and/or actions to describe your character. You can use both direct and indirect characterization.

I'm not sure if you want me to describe myself or a character of my own, so I will just choose myself.

Rahel was always of an intense mindset-no matter what she did, she did it with vigor. She typed out her stories like a madman, always making mistakes and hitting backspaces, cursing the slippery keys with the sort of vengeance that only comes with guilt. Guilt it was, as she berated herself over the smallest of mistakes. She always liked to do things wholeheartedly and leave satisfied with the results. That isn't to say that she was a perfectionist. Her room was in shambles, she was absent-minded, and she loved to sleep in-she just made sure that she did these things very well. 
She was reluctant to make friends, and when she actually did, she stuck by them for life. Nothing pained her more to see one of her beloved suffer. Because of this, she tried to stick with fictional and imaginary friends. This largely backfired though, as things have a way of creeping up on you-by the time she was 15, many of her best friends had died, leaving her alone with tear-stained pages, a hole in her heart, and many angsty blogposts. J.K. Rowling’s work, especially, had done a number on her. The woman made short work of some of her beloved, making it difficult to read anything at all for quite a while. 
Rahel also tended to have split personalities and identities. She collected pen-names like one might collect pinned insects, stamps, or awards. She wore each one proudly and delighted in hiding behind masks and names. "The world's a facade." She'd say. "I accept that and live in it fully." This strange take on reality and identities caused much confusion for her early on, and still does for others."I don't understand how you can be so apologetic one moment and then so... Uncaring the next." Her mother said wonderingly one day. 
"I apologize when I'm sorry." Rahel replied. "If I do something I really didn't mean to do, and I regret the outcome, I will apologize sincerely. If I don't," She added with a demonic gleam in her eye, "I may apologize, but I will definitely relish the results. So if I were to trip you and laugh about it, then I probably did it on purpose- Or at least enjoy the outcome." 
"Oh." Was her mother's slow reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.