Friday, August 10, 2012

AI Annoyances

Grrr. I am trying to learn AIML on a mac. I am very frustrated. I think that I understand the programming language itself... Believe it or not, it's the text editor (TextEdit) that I'm having trouble with. It can handle html, but evidently not aiml. This is very annoying because it means that I can type away at the brain of my little AI.... And that's about it. I never get to see the finished product or even test it. I have no idea if I'm doing it correctly! Maybe it doesn't run out of a browser? I can't see the results and it is driving me crazy!

PS!! I was originally going to name this post 'AI Angst' but realized that I should save it to be used should I ever suddenly start freaking out about AIs.


UPDATE! I asked Dad about it. He said that I can build it through TextEdit, but that I'd need something to run it through that would interpret it. So definitely not a web browser..... He said that Google might have a Plugin for that, and if not, we should build one.
I checked if they had it, but I don't think that they do. It seems that not very many people use AIML, which is kind of hard to believe. I think that every person has wanted to create AI at some point in their lives, and AIML doesn't seem to difficult to manage. It has tags, for godsakes!
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I'll go search some forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.