Monday, July 2, 2012

Tadpoles

Whenever I'm stressed out, I have dreams about trying to save aquatic creatures. In last night's dream, someone I know handed me a large jar full of tadpoles. They had gravel, moss, and dirt, but little water. They were trying to swim and breathe in the muck, wiggling around pitifully.
I walked inside and filled up the glass. The river stones and little creatures spun around madly for a moment before the waters cleared. Tadpoles were happy and smiled at me as they swimmed around. I looked closer though, and saw that they were surrounded my muck and plastic children's toys. I spent all day sitting at the table, filtering and sorting everything by hand. My sister came up to me when I was almost done and told me that it was time to stop. I really didn't want to, but she dragged me away from the table. I woke up, leaving the job unfinished.
I really wanted to save those tadpoles.

I'm on break from math studies right now. The pressures and anxiety in the room seems to have elevated. Maybe it's just my perception, but I'm not quite sure.

Tadpoles rock.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this bit of writing. The imagery described is creatively composed, and holds a lot of emotion. The whole thing reads well while being a painting which is totally unique yet familiar to everyone in someway. Cool! I'm sure that the aquatic creatures will be ok, you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I almost want to frame this! Few people take the time to leave comment as epic as yours. I bow to you. =)

      Delete

You rock socks.