Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Eight Days???

Ahem. Soooo.... Long time no see! How long as it been? A month? Two months?
EIGHT DAYS?? Oh. Um. Okay. Not that long I guess...
It feels like I've been gone for a long time, though. I have some awesome stuff to share with you, but FIRST. HOBBIT CAKES.

 YOU'RE WELCOME.


Okay. First awesome thing.
I went to school today!! It was weird. I'm supposed to be OUT of school, not BACK. I'm actually just staying until I pass that CHSPE test (should be October 20), but I'm still walking around in a daze, expecting zombies to show up and realize that I have no weapons. And pants. However, it isn't a dream. No, no. I'm actually back to taking classes at the school.
It feels really weird. I also realized that today was when I saw the most people in one space then I have seen all summer. I was just standing there, chatting with some old friends, when WHAM. There are kids surrounding me. Not closely, mind you, but close enough. It felt horrible. Claustrophobia set in and I wanted nothing more then to run. I literally felt the hills behind me beckoning with their wide arms. "Come, Rahel. Come to us. We can hide you. You'll be safe."
Luckily, I got a hold of myself quickly. I was fine. Most of these people weren't armed with anything worse then backpacks and they didn't even want to hurt me.
I spent the rest of school talking to Caden. Cooper wasn't there and it felt really weird, but Yugiohkid gave me an awesome card* I got a hug from a kid I know, and most the Padiwans  kindergartners weren't too scared of me (I knew most of them from the previous year). All in all, a pretty nice day.

Second awesome thing.
Today is promotions for the younger kids in Aikido!! It's gonna be awesome. All the little yellow belts are moving up to orange... So adorable.

Third awesome thing.
My Mom's site is so totally up!! Here it is. Tell me what you think. =)

Fourth awesome thing!
I'm getting back into writing!! I'm trying to write 250 words a day, and it's been going quite nicely.
I've even started a Sherlock-Misery crossover fanfic!! W00T!! It's gonna be so awesome....
As you may have guessed, I am reading Misery. For the first time. I'm on chapter 28. It is sad. And awesome. And horrible. And awesome.
Here's the overview: Sherlock comes into Annie's house carrying John, who's legs are horribly mangled from a car accident. Annie welcomes them in and Sherlock blacks out. He has a concussion, but he soon realizes that Annie (he and John's #1 fan) is batshit insane. However, he isn't able to leave because he'd have to carry John over many snowy, underpopulated miles. And John's become hooked on Novril, the pain medication that Annie supplies them with. He'll just have to play along with Annie's whims, dodging her fits of rage and slowly nursing John back to health....
It will probably eventually be slash (Johnlock kinda tends to just happen), but it will mostly be focused on plot.

So here's part of the fanfic.... It's the first draft, so there are many errors, but I think it's okay....

Sherlock paused in his observations. Something was off. It was quiet, he realized. Much too quiet. He looked over at John. The man was lying still and didn’t seem to be breathing. Sherlock moved to the bed, emergency procedures flashing through his mind. He took a breath, held John’s nose, and put his mouth over his friend’s. He forced some air into John, waiting after each plunge for his friend to start breathing again. “Breathe, goddammit! Breath, John!” He shouted before clamping his mouth over John’s again.
After forcing some breaths into John, his heart fluttering madly the whole time, Sherlock was relieved to see John take a breath on his own.
“God, that was a close one.” He thought and sat heavily on the floor beside the bed. That was the first time he actually had to perform mouth-to-mouth on anyone. He was just glad that it had worked. He sat, holding John’s hand and listening to him breathe. It was the most wonderful sound in the world.
Novril. There were many reasons the drug wasn’t freely distributed as a painkiller. One was that it tended to cause respiratory depression in it’s weaker users. Another was that it was highly addictive.
He thought of their situation. John was on an addictive painkiller and his legs were mangled. They were in a house with a madwoman who was likely to be a serial killer. He couldn’t leave because he would have to carry John through woods and snow for many miles. Maybe it would have been better to not have come here at all. Maybe it would have been better if they had died in the crash, or had frozen out there. “At this point,” He thought “Almost any situation would be better.”
It was just so maddening, having to sit here and watch John die, so far away from help. Sure, he’d be able to make it on his own, but he had trashed the thought as soon as it had come. He would never leave John alone with this woman. There was no telling what she might do.
The image of coming back to find John lying dead, surrounded by policemen and striped tape, legs mangled and broken, was almost too much for him to bear. After making sure that Annie was outside, he rested his head against the bedframe and allowed himself to cry. It wasn’t a child’s bawling cry, nor was it a soft patter of tears. He held on to John’s hand more tightly and sobbed silently for a few minutes before falling asleep.

Tell me if you have any pointers. Or if you absolutely hate it. I won't mind. =)



*

(Hothothothothothot)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.