Monday, September 24, 2012

NOT OTP.

I just watched Series 2, episode 1 of Sherlock!!!
Several words come to mind....
Chiched! Trite! ....DULL.
Why do I have this reaction? You thought that I LOVED Sherlock? Well, I DO. I'm just angry about Irene Alder. The character? Awesome (if a little frightening). Acting? Superb. Sherlock's fixation with her and the way he called her 'THE Woman' as in 'MY Woman?' Not so great. I still stand by my belief that yes, Sherlock probably had a little crush on her, but it was most likely one that was borne out of respect, not love. The whole Irene/Sherlock thing is overused, in my opinion. Suddenly Sherlock meets this woman who appears in 3 (disputably 4) original Sherlock Holmes stories, and EVERYONE is claiming that they are OTP. What the hell, people? Do you not even see who works with Sherlock on EVERY case?? Who cleans Sherlock up, drags him out of his drug-induced haze, fuels him and keeps him happy? Do you recognize the person who Sherlock would be lost without?? NO?? Goddess, why is everyone so blind? You see, but you do not OBSERVE.


......Sigh.
Although I am annoyed with the whole Irene/Sherlock thing that was in this episode, I did enjoy poor John's befuddlement during The Couple's meetings with her. And how he suggested that they name Sherlock and Irene's ImaginedFuture!Baby 'Hamish'... (You been thinking of Sherlock babies, John?) And when Irene pointed out that she doesn't like men any more then John, and yet they both like Sherlock.... That time John and Sherlock stole that ashtray.... When we all got a little glimpse of Sherlock's childhood in a nutshell..... When Sherlock when nuts on that ratbastard who hurt Mrs. Hudson..... ........When Sherlock refused to put on clothes in the Buckingham Palace. That was frakkin epic.
My favorite part, however, belonged to Mycroft....

Mycroft: My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?
Watson: I don't know.
Mycroft: Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate. *Frog face.*


You continue to supply us with some sort of comedic relief in this sad, relatively Johnlock-barren world, Mycroft. I thank you for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.