Monday, October 15, 2012

Apparently, Longcoats Cure Ipovlopsychophobia!

Dude. Okay. So.....
I'm being a Genderbent!10th Doctor for Halloween.
Yes, I know I don't have the hair to really pull it off. I'm using the 'genderbent' thing as an excuse.
No, I am NOT too old to go trick-or-treating. I need hidden stores of chocolate to keep me sane(ish).

Anyhoo,
I'm almost done with the sonic screwdriver (actually a telekinetic x-acto blade). All I need to do is to finish varnishing it. =)
Here're the pics I took while making it! =)

Mint condition!
This could stand to be....
Just a wee bit more sonic.
Sterile paper? Check. Scalpel/X-Acto Blade? Check. Ninclowns? Nowhere in sight.
The optimal moment. Let the cutting commence...
Cut it up a bit, revealing the metal beneath.
Used electrical tape for the stripes near the end.
Couldn't find the superglue, so I affixed the button using hot glue....
Didn't really work and ended up falling off. Have to do something about that.
The hot glue worked to keep the rubber pieces from slipping, though. =)
More electrical tape! =D
Ready to be painted!
Several coats of silver acrylic paint later...
This is tons of layers of electrical tape with squares cut out of it.
Then I added more strips on either end of the holes.
...I FEEL NO SHAME.
Ladder-like contraption stuck to the tip.
(Taken before I decided to cut the square holes.)
Head-on POV of tip.

Like watching paint dry...
Frakk yeah.

BOOYA!!
To make it glow, I'm gonna cut the end of a blue glowstick and put it in the (detachable) tip.
TIP! I tried putting glowstick chemicals directly in the tip (I mean without the plastic glowstick cover)
and it got on the outside and melted the paint... Fail.
I repainted it though, and the glowstick end shouldn't leak because its' other end is sealed.
(I'll still plug the end, though.)


....Yes, I DID coffee today! =D

Oh! And my Mom and I went coat shopping at some thrift stores! At long last, we found this at the Goodwill for $5.99! (BTW, the Goodwill in Ventura has the best, most well-priced, variety-filled bookshelf EVER. You have Wrath of Khan and.... Other.... Less.... Nerdy.... Books.... There. Yeah, I paid no attention to the others.=P )
Anyhoo. I tried it on today and, amazingly, it fit perfectly! I've always wanted a longcoat.... AND NOW I HAVE ONE. O____O
...It even comes with a detachable hood! o^^o





.....Peace out, my fellow Whovians. =j

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.