Monday, October 22, 2012

Horse Sh*t and I Fight the Blues

Yesterday morning was grey and overcast. It had rained the previous night and they sky was still packed with low-flying clouds. <sarcasm>As foretold by the weather,</sarcasm> I was feeling happy and adventurous. I went outside to open the gate (in my long coat, I should add) and found....
A pile of horse crap.
Yes, a horse had come along and took a dump outside our gate just that morning. I, in my stupidly cheerful mood, immediately saw the benefits in having a pile of horse poop (fertilizer for plants! =D ) and came back with a trowel. The pile was huge and the trowel was small, but I got most of it. I moved back and forth, dumping the green-brown lumps in the flowerbed between the roses. I waved to passerby, grinning like a monkey on crack* the whole time. When I got most of them, I came inside and was stopped by the stares of Dad and Holly.
"I found horse poop!" I explained excitedly. "It's aging in the flowerbed."
"Yeah, we saw." Said Holly, trying to keep her face blank and failing spectacularly. "We wondered what we were doing out there... I asked your Dad 'Is she playing with horse shit?' We watched some more and realized you were...."
"Yup!" I said proudly and marched into the bathroom to wash my hands.

<song>I got a pile of horse poop... Oh you gotta see! I think we should spread it round the yard, oh just you and me...</song>


*I just thought of that analogy and I'm mighty proud of it. =]


PS!! As soon as I get a mobile, I'm gonna get a Twitter account. O__O

2 comments:

  1. So funny! Magnolia had noticed large piles of "road apples" in a field on the way to school to which Calder questioned "Is it a road apple if it isn't in the road?" ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygoodness, someone responded!! =D =D =D
      Humm... That IS a tough question! I suppose they're called 'road apples' because they're often found in the road. Like how blueberries are blueberries even if they're purple? =D

      Delete

You rock socks.