Friday, June 22, 2012

Old Politics: Santorum Vs. Colbert

[WARNING. Santorum-bashing and minor cussing ahead! If you like this guy, please don't read. If you fail to heed this warning and become offended, I just want to say. "I TOLD YOU SO, YOU BASTARD! BUT DID YOU LISTEN?? NOOooooO."]

I want to talk politics today. I'm 6 years late with this one, but I'd still like to talk about it.

It would seem as though Rick Santorum is trying to appeal to the huge percentage of geeks in America.

...He failed. Big time.
" As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else. It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S."
Yeeeeeah. Sorry dude, but you just made my contempt for you rise considerably. I mean, sure. This is just some dude who is ignorant about LOTR. If one of my family/friends had said this, I would sit in shock for a moment, collapse, hide my face and sob in shame, then I'd sit back up and explain their horrifying mistake. Although my faith in their Geekiness would be a wee bit tarnished, I'd still love them. I'd forget about it and move on. It's just what family does. SANTORUM, however? I didn't respect him in the first place, and now I see this. I am never gonna to forget about this one. Sorry, asswipe. This one's gonna haunt you forever.

My faith in Steven Colbert, however, just skyrocketed.
Gurth gothrim Tel'Steven Colbert! We will stand and fight beside you, Mr.Colbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.