Monday, October 10, 2011

I'd like about 9 hobbits of bailing wire......

I was doing my math today when I came upon a question that demanded I know if a meter was longer then a yard. This is pretty much my my train of thoughts (minus a few crack pairings here and there. XD)
Meter.... A meter is about hobbit sized right? Right. And hobbits are about 3 feet. 3 feet is a yard. So a meter is a yard? Yep. More or less. Yep. .....Yep.  .........Hello? Echo??


Upon discovery that a meter was 3.37 inches longer, I solved the problem and went back to daydreaming. I wondered why we had meters and yards. I supposed that a meter must be from a different system, and I began to wonder what it was. Suddenly, I thought that we should just abandon meters and yards and stick to hobbits. It could even differ from family to family!! =D
"And what could I get for you?"
"I'd like 20 by 20 hobbits of chicken wire."
"Okay. A Brandybuck or a Took?"
"Took size please."
Note: I do not know if there is a significant size difference between Tooks and Brandybucks. I feel shame, but not enough to research right now. Later. =^.~

Just think what our everyday shopping experience would be like! I really think that this could really change our metric system for the better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.