Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rest in Peace Dennis Ritchie and Steve Jobs

A mastermind of our times, Dennis Ritchie, was found dead on the 12 this month, just 7 days after Steve Jobs died. I found this on the Wikipedia news board today. I didn't know them, and I can't pretend to, but I still feel a small twinge of sadness.
I feel a bit pained that I never got to thank them personally for their enormous help in developing the technical world, but I know that I will always be able to find them in the freedom of systems triggered and inspired by UNIX, and the elegance of Apple products. A wisp of their spirit still lingers in their designs, dances in the vast cyber planes of the grid, and whispers in the little cracks, crevices, snippets and strings of code. They also live on in the millions that have been touched by their brilliance, and I will do my best to bring freedom and creativity to the world as they did.
My heart also goes out to their friends and family. Even if I didn't know them, I know the pain of losing someone close, and I wish them full health and happiness.

My appreciation of what you have given to this world goes to you, my late friends. May you pass on to your next adventure, changing the world as you go, and always be met with positivity and health.
-Rahel

No comments:

Post a Comment

You rock socks.